Residence & Work Permit in Turkey
Turkey is one of the best countries all over the world regarding the quality and ease of life. The political and social stability that prevails in the country makes it a suitable destination for life for foreigners from all around the world.( Click here to invest in Turkey)
Economic growth is exponential and powered by the reforms and strong infrastructure development, Turkey attracted approximately foreign investments worth 15 billion $ in the last few years. Turkey is a country with a mixed culture between eastern and western which attracts a lot of people from all around the world for many purposes like studying, investment, visiting, and living.( Real estate Investment in Turkey)
What is the work residency permit?
It’s a residency permit that qualifies you and your family to obtain Turkish citizenship. Work residency is given to the foreign owners and employees of the Turkish companies.
Work residency allows the resident to apply for Turkish citizenship if the resident stayed in Turkey for five consecutive years without leaving the country except for 180 days within the five years. Your husband/wife and kids (under 18) can get family residence based on it also. Moreover, the work permit is a document that allows you to work in Turkey and benefit from the advantages that foreigners get in Turkey such as:
- Treatment at state expense in all Country hospitals
- Benefit from pension after the age of 60.
- Obtain Turkish citizenship after the fifth year.
- The investor’s children can join Turkish schools without any tuition.
- Benefiting from the powers offered by the Turkish government to the investors
Why should you seek work residency in Turkey?
Turkey is encouraging foreign investments with the utmost support and facilitation, and this creates more and more job(Top Jobs in the world) opportunities. There are many industries that are showing upward growth and create opportunities for investment and employment in an accelerated manner, such as:
- Importing & Exporting Vehicles
- Jewelry & Precious Metals
- Plastics Manufacturing & Plastics Products
- Clothing, Textiles, and Accessories
- Iron & Steel Manufacturers
- Electrical Equipment Supplies
- Fruits & Vegetables
Who can get a work residency permit in Turkey?
There are two ways to get a work permit in Turkey:
1- Working for a Turkish company
According to Turkish law, companies must apply to get a work residency for foreign workers in Turkey. And the conditions are as the following:
- The capital of the company should be more than 100,000 Turkish lira
- At least five Turkish workers employed full-time are needed for each new foreign worker hired at the company.
- For the partners who want to get a work permit without hiring Turkish employees, their share of the company’s capital should not be less than 40,000 TL
- The company must be paid all taxes of the state
- The company must be paid all social insurance to the country
After fulfilling the required conditions, the owner of the company shall perform the procedures needed for the permit, and within one month from applying the result will be shown and you can get the residence.
2- Investing in establishing a company in Turkey
We suggest this route because it is the easiest way to get a residency permit in Turkey. Learn more about the investment in Turkey Read more about establishing a company in Turkey and in turkey from abroad)
According to Turkish law, the owners of companies are exempted from certain conditions to have a work permit. also, it gives you some facilitations such as:
- You do not have to hire 5 Turks for the first year of the company, you will open your company, and you will then get the work residency to start your business directly.
- It is easy to include your wife, children, and your parents in your residency. Thus they will obtain a legal residency.
- You can get a work permit while you are outside Turkey
How to apply for a work residency permit in Turkey?
The first way: get the work permit inside Turkey
In case you apply for the work permit inside Turkey, then you must have a tourist residency and then transfer it to a work residency.
The second way: get the residency outside Turkey
If you have a residence in any other country, this solution will be suitable for you.
Where the Turkish law allows the owners of companies to obtain work residency, work permit, and investor residency in Turkey by visiting one of the Turkish embassies in their country with the required documents?
The investor will get a working code which he can use later in Turkey to get his work residency.
Can I get the work permit from outside Turkey?
Yes, you can. All that you have to do is to go to the nearest Turkish Embassy in your country and give them your company’s documents and ask for a work permit code. After you receive the code, sent it to us, and we will finish the procedures for you, we will complete the permit procedures for you without having to come to Turkey within 45 days.